Have you considered going on a Beginner’s Cycling Holiday, but talked yourself out of it?
When Paul suggested I go on one of our Beginner’s Cycling Holiday, I was petrified! These were the reasons why I didn’t want to go:
1. I’m a beginner – I haven’t done much cycling before.
2. I’ve never ridden in a group before.
3. I don’t have confidence at going down hills.
4. I find going up hills tough!
5. I don’t have much knowledge about cycling and how to do it right!
It took me a long time to finally give in to cycling! For years I’d watched my husband, Paul, enjoy the benefits this sport gave him; the enjoyment he got out of it and the friends he’d made. In aid of charity, he and his friends had done crazy challenges on the bike and tested themselves to the limit.
The changing factor for me came when my father passed away. Riding for me is a way of remembering and a way of not forgetting. It helps clear my mind and helps my soul. It also allows me to eat chocolate and cake!