One of the Pro Cyclists best kept secret destinations is the Costa Daurada. Whilst Mallorca is still one of the cyclist’s popular choice for their training camp, the word is getting out about this undiscovered cycling paradise! 16 Pro teams visited this destination in 2017!
Cambrils in Costa Daurada is very accessible even for a weekend break; if not for your summer family holiday or cycling focused training camp, and the weather is perfect all year round.
The area offers several mountain ranges that provide a varying degree of interesting and challenging climbs and spectacular views, including the mountains of Prades, Siurana, Llaberia, Tivissa-Vendellos, Riudecanyes and Montsant, to name a few.
- Host to the annual Cambrils Gran Fondo, 2,500+ riders in April
- Featured in the 2017 La Vuelta Espania stage 4 (Taragonna)
- 2,000Km of virtually traffic free secondary roads
- Impressive climbs with gradients from 4% to 18% upto 15Km ascents
The area is well known for its outstanding quality of food, including some of the best vineyards in the world and olive oil production; not to mention the freshly caught fish.
Cambrils hosts the only hotel and catering school in the province of Tarragona. Cambrils itself is home to almost 200 restaurants; all offering local produce. And if you like Tapas, there are some amazing places to eat. Small bars tucked away in the side streets just off the promenade are hosts to some delicious local tapas.
- Average flight time from the UK to Reus airport is 2hr 5min
- Reus airport is just 10km from Cambrils
- Barcelona airport is 1 hour drive to Cambrils
- In the past 12 months, 16 Pro cycling teams have visited Cambrils Park for training