3 Islands Canaries Road Cycling Tour
The Canary islands consist of seven islands of volcanic origin just off the coast of north Africa. Most cyclist who visit the islands will cycle the popular destinations of Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura which have a climate perfect for cycling in the Winter, Spring and Autumn months and also provide 1,000’s of kilometers of tarmac for road cyclists.
Each island has its own unique offering, from the dried lava rock fields of Lanzarote, the white sandy beaches of Fuerteventura, the mountains of Gran Canaria, to the forests of Tenerife. Each island has a very different landscape and with Mollydoo you get the opportunity to ride across three islands during one epic tour so you can experience the dramatic and spectacular scenery.
Same great cross Canaries experience as our 4 Island tour but with less distance and less altitude gain. 2 days riding in the volcanic landscape of Lanzarote, 2 days riding down through the dunes and desert like scenery of Fuerteventura and 2 days riding in Gran Canaria, enjoying far greener landscapes than the previous islands.
- Return flights (UK) inc 20Kg luggage
- 7 nights 4* accommodation
- Return private transfers
Available Dates: Sold Out For April Tour, now taking enquiries for October 2016
- Level: Challenging
- Days Riding: 6
- Total Distance: 400Km
- Total Altitude Gain: 5,000M
- Maximum Group = 8
- 20Kg flight luggage
- Hotel to hotel luggage transfers
- Free cycling jersey
- Cross Island ferry toll fees
- Support vehicle & experienced Guides
What's Not Included
- Bike rental (can be purchased)
- Travel Insurance (can be purchased)
- Helmets, shoes and cycling apparel
- Bike carriage on your flight (can be added)
- Meals outside of the hotel arrangements
Your Accommodation 7 Nights
We have selected some of the best hotels that these islands have to offer, with 4* accommodation and great food, just what you need after a day in the saddle!
Accommodation is based on a twin share and half board. See our list of hotels below:
- Vital Class Lanzarote, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
- H10 Rubicon Palace, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
- Hotel Geranios Suites, Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Jandia Mar, Morro del Jable, Fuerteventura
- Parador de Cruz de Tejeda, Cruz de Tejeda, Gran Canaria
- Elba Vecindario Aeropuerto Business Hotel, Vecindario, Gran Canaria
Distance: 55Km, 719m altitude gain
Your epic journey starts here, your first ride to stretch the legs, 55km in the north of Lanzarote to Haira with an altitude gain of 719m, returning back to Costa Teguise. This ride takes in some amazing scenery with views of the coastline and Haria, a white washed town enclosed with lush green palm trees.
Thursday: Gran Canaria
Distance: 50Km, 1,433m altitude gain
Very early ferry at 6:30 takes us across from Fuerteventura to arrive at 8:30 in the capital of Gran Canaria, Las Palmas. After a 2 hour ferry trip todays ride is a short one of only 50km up to Cruz de Tejeda in the centre of the island, however it is the hilliest ride of the tour with 1,433m of altitude gain.
Friday: Gran Canaria
Distance: 58Km, 1,500m altitude gain
Last ride of the tour,58km, starting at 1,500m and finishing at sea level, it's a day with a lot of descending, with a couple of small climbs along the way resulting in 700m climbing. From the centre of the island back down to sea level finishing the tour in Vecindario .