2018 Gran Fondo Cambrils Park Cyclosportive
The Gran Fondo Cambrils Park cyclosportive is fast becoming one of the top events on the Spanish Sportive calendar, born in 2014 and headquartered at the incredible Cambrils Park Sport Village, the event started with just 600 riders on a single route, in 2015 Cambrils stepped in with sponsorship and participation jumped to just over a thousand riders on two different routes, in 2016 the event evolved to include 3 different routes, headline sponsorship, 2100 riders from all over Europe and a kids sportive held within the Sport Village “Cambrils Kids”.
The Gran Fondo Cambrils Park cyclosportive is an open road event with traffic control, each route has traffic controlled by the local police and a team of volunteers that you will find on each junction to ensure your safety. Each route has feed stations, mechanical assistance and full medical support.
Although this is a non-competitive event, each participant is equipped with a race number that has an integrated timing chip, on each route there are timed sections for both climbs and sprints.
Price above includes:
- 3 nights 4* half board accommodation
- Airport to hotel return transfers (Reus Airport)
- Event entry
*Above price is per person and is based on a twin share*
* Barclelona return airport transfers additional charge of £75pp*
For 2018, the exact routes are to be confirmed but 2017 provided 3 different routes -:
- The Priorat – 104Km (65 miles) with a positive gain of 1800m (5900 ft)
- The Escaladei – 122Km (77 miles) with a positive gain of 2000m (6600 ft)
- The Montsant – 184Km (115 miles) with a positive gain of 2900m (9500 ft)
- Race entry, number and timing chip
- Goody bag, medal and certificate of participation
- Post Race Pasta Party!
- Gran Fondo Cambrils Park Jersey
- Mechanical assistance
What's Not Included
- Flights (we can arrange your ATOL protected flights)
- Bike Hire (Trek Madone 2.1 can be hired )
- Meals outside the accommodation plan
- Flight hold luggage allowance (can be purchased)
- Travel Insurance
The Ride Zone
The Gran Fondo Cambrils Park is held in one of the most spectacular cycling areas in Europe, The Costa Daurada, incorporating the Priorat, Montsant National Park and Prades Mountains.
An area well known to professional cycling teams such as Giant-Alpecin and Team Wiggins who hold their pre-season training camps in the area. The Canyon routes cover several climbs that have been included in both the Vuelta de España and the Volta de Catalunya so you’ll be pedaling in the tracks of such names as Contador, Froome, Degenkolb & Sir Bradley Wiggins.
The interior of the Costa Daurada has thousands of kilometres of perfectly surfaced, traffic free secondary roads, which makes it a cyclist’s paradise. Add in the spectacular scenery, exceptional climate and world famous gastronomy and you’ll just want to keep coming back for more.
Mollydoo Package Options
Choose from one of our inclusive packages below:
- 3 Nights Thursday – Sunday £382pp
- Friday guided ride + Canyon ride
- 7 Nights Thursday – Thursday £537pp
- Friday guided ride, Canyon ride, Sunday test ride and guided rides Tuesday and Wednesday
We can also do flexible packages with any number of nights, just ask.
Cyclists and companions will be accommodated in the 4*Superior Mediterrània Apartments at Cambrils Park Sport Village.
The complex covers an area of 19 hectares of landscaped gardens, with swimming pools, bars and restaurants, gymnasium, spa, multisport centre and bike station with mechanical service, wash points, cycling guides and secure bike storage, all just a stone’s throw from the golden sandy beaches of the Mediterranean coast.
All rooms have en-suite bathroom, twin beds, flat screen tv, air conditioning and central heating. Each apartment has 2 or 3 bedrooms with central living area, kitchenette, flat screen tv and wireless internet plus a furnished garden or terrace.
Accommodations are Full or Half Board, with meals served in the buffet restaurant.
*On the day of the Canyon Sportive, the buffet breakfast will be open from 6am so you can stack up the carbs before hitting the hills.